Community House Activities and Events volunteer
Worthing Homes Community Trust
Worthing Homes Community Trust projects are led by local residents to promote community well-being and create opportunities for residents’ learning and development. Community events and activities vary - from children’s cooking, to play streets, to big bring a dish events, to outside fitness, to repair cafes - there'll be something to suit everyone. As long as the event supports community connections or improves the local area, it can go ahead!
The role of the activities and events volunteer would be to:
- Welcome attendees and make sure everyone feels included
- Provide information about the venue, event timetable
- Steward the event- ensure that it is delivered safely
- Support evaluation: Ask attendees about their experience and for feedback to improve future events.
For this role you need the following skills:
- Good communication skills- a friendly approach to talking to people and an ability to listen attentively
- The ability to carry out some gentle lifting and moving tasks, such as moving chairs and tables.
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for community events
- An ability to find practical solutions to ensure events are a success from filling up refreshments, to encouraging someone shy to join in
- Knowledge of the local area (community groups and events) is always handy though not essential.
We will provide training, so no previous experience is required.
- This practical role has a huge impact in our local community. Volunteers make it possible to host more community events which make areas feel more welcoming and make people proud of where they live.
- Active and sociable role, building relationships with fellow volunteers, local residents and our partners
- Strengthen a variety of skills such as event coordination, verbal communication, problem solving and resilience.
- Have access to a wide variety of useful training- including
- Be part of a team of likeminded people and attend monthly volunteer events to socialise with fellow volunteers
- Reasonable travel expenses
- Working reference available after 3 months in the role.
This role will take place in varied event locations - directions, bus routes, parking and access info will be shared in event info.
Events place Monday-Saturday, from 09:00-19:00.
Event volunteering opportunities will be shared when they become available and volunteers will be able to sign up when it suits them. This is a flexible opportunity which can fit alongside your other commitments. You are welcome to volunteer regularly, every now and again or on an ad hoc basis as you prefer.
When do I need to be available?
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities