Company Director for a Community Garden CIC
The Triangle Plot
The Triangle Plot Community Interest Company is a social enterprise started in March 2021, when we signed the tenancy of a double allotment plot at the Craven Vale allotment site in East Brighton.
Since the Covid-19 pandemic began many people have been facing isolation, unemployment, food poverty and a deterioration in mental and physical health conditions. We are passionate about gardening and how outdoor spaces can be used to benefit the physical, mental and social wellbeing of people in the local community.
Since then we have been working hard to create an inclusive community space, where volunteers can participate in growing herbs, flowers, fruit and vegetables in our garden. We plan to engage with local social prescribers to help meet the needs of people with social isolation, and mental and physical health problems. We hope to provide a venue for groups to meet, and for educators to teach outdoors.
More information can be found at - https://triangleplot.org/directors/
- Acts with honesty and integrity
- Passionate about gardens and gardening for wellbeing
- Committed to equality and diversity and creating an inclusive service
- Aspires to benefit the local community
- Knows when to ask for help or advice
- Always seeks to improve their performance
- Works collaboratively with other members of the team
- Understands responsibilities of a director or committed to learning them
- Considers sustainability a priority for any organisation or service.
Some but not all board members will have:
- Experience or qualifications in finance or accounting
- Experience in the voluntary sector
- Experience in outdoor activity provision
- Background in health or social care or familiarity with local services
- Fundraising experience
- Digital media skills or experience
- IT skills including zoom and platforms for collaborative working, eg Google drive
- Interest or experience in conservation or permaculture.
- Use your skills to really benefit local people in a tangible way.
- Help us to make the biggest impact we can with our resources.
- Get hands on experience working on the board of a growing enterprise.
We ask you to commit to monthly zoom meetings. The times are flexible and can be held on weekends or evenings if this is more convenient for your schedule.
Our entrance to our community garden is up a flight of steps from Manor Hill, just uphill from the junction with Maresfield Road. Manor Hill has bus stops for the No. 21 in both directions and free parking on the road.
When do I need to be available?
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities