We are looking for volunteers to support the Compass Disability Register and Compass Card scheme, which provides discounts at 300 leisure venues in Brighton and Hove and West Sussex to over 4,000 families with children and young people with special education needs and disabilities. Tasks include:
• Helping with mail-outs, folding and stapling literature, stuffing envelopes, labelling envelopes, franking post etc. All intended to raise awareness of the Compass service and to increase registrations
• Distributing prizes to families participating in some of our promotional prize draws
• Making contact with some families, for example to remind them to return their registration forms to us or to ask about their experiences of using the Compass Card
• Occasional help with data entry onto the Charity Log database, e.g. updating Compass Card Partner details and contacting relevant people to check information
• Other tasks as identified from time to time.
• Have a good understanding of the importance of confidentiality and of data protection.
• Be skilled at listening and communicating with a wide range of people and feel comfortable on the phone as well as face-to-face. Have a non-judgemental attitude.
• Have strengths in reading, understanding information and writing clearly.
• Experience of using MS Excel and Word, office equipment such as printers and photocopiers and office systems is desirable
• Be able to make a regular (ideally weekly) time commitment at the Amaze office.
- Making a difference to local families, helping them to access leisure discounts which improve the quality of their lives
- Learning about supporting families with SEND and the varied issues involved
to develop new skills, friendships and interests and participate in Amaze SEND workshops and events
- Valuable transferable work experience.·
Flexible working at times and on days to suit you
Amaze office is based in central location in Brighton and Hove, with excellent links to public transports
Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We will be flexible to suit volunteers' preferences and availability|
Where does this role take place?
113 Queens Road
- Employment, Education and Training
- Families and Parenting
- Fitness and Sport
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- Young People
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Support on Offer