Connections for Life Volunteer
The Royal Air Forces Association
As part of the organisation, our Connections Volunteers offer the vital connection and support for our beneficiaries in need. In the role of a Connections Volunteer, you will help support a lonely individual via regular telephone calls. Depending on the beneficiary’s requirements, you will remain their volunteer for the duration of the project with the aim of integrating them back into the community and helping them become confident and independent again.
As a Connections Volunteer, you will have the whole support of the Association behind you and a designated coordinator as your point of contact. We will provide you with all the necessary training so you can rest assured that you will have all the skills you need.
Not having someone to talk to during these challenging times can be lonely, particularly if the person is used to social activities and spending time with others. A friendly, 30-minute chat that you will offer will make all the difference.
The skills you need:
- Good listener
- Ability to maintain boundaries.
- Improve your communication and listening skills
Flexible hours. Can be done from home.
When do I need to be available?
- Older People
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities