Conservation group coordinator
The Conservation Volunteers
The Conservation Volunteers has a fantastic opportunity to volunteer in a key role for its Growing Communities project!
In the heart of Durrington in Worthing, Whitebeams Woods is an ancient woodland that is being looked after by a dedicated group of volunteers led by TCV. Without a fail through out the seasons, they meet weekly for 3 hours and do an amazing job at looking after this little urban oasis of green.This hard work and dedication needs support and coordination.
- welcome new volunteers to the group
- ensure on going communication via text and/or Whatapps voice messages
- share programme of work with group members via email, verbally or on paper
- liaise with TCV officers and parks rangers .
- adapt/update yearly plan of work to guide volunteers
- induct new volunteers.
- order supplies and plants
- liaise with Community Works for publicity, training, funding matters if needed.
This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone with a passion for the environment, ideal for a career transfer into conservation or for someone with time and passion to share within their community.
These are the ideal skills and experience for this volunteering role. Do not feel you have to tick all the boxes to let yourself known!
- some conservation skills and knowledge
- passion for the environment
- interest in communication and people
- access to a phone.
- IT skills
- access to a computer.
- Great hand on experience in conservation with a reputable national charity to add to a CV demonstrating leadership, social and technical skills and knowledge.
- Access free training such as First Aid, Risk Assessment, safeguarding, tool maintenance, leadership and more.
- Be part of a team of like minded people within an inspirational and peaceful environment.
- This group is a TCV Green Gym which covers conservation work for adults.
- The main location are Whitebeams Woods however the group can, at times, work on other sites.
- Easy access to Whitebeam woods can be done via car, cycling or bus. They are free parking spaces in the area.
- Please note this is an adult only group.
- Expenses can be refunded on presentation of receipts.
- This role is mostly around coordination and communication and can be as practical and hand on as it suits you.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||On site The session is Every Wednesday 10am-1pm Your attendance is preferable but not essential at all sessions. From home: Around 30 minutes of call or text is expected weekly Plus around 4 hours per month can be done in your own time|
Where does this role take place?
Off Woodpecker Way, Durrington
Off Romany Road, Durrington
- Employment, Education and Training
- Older People
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Wildlife and Animals
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- Practical Skills
- Supporting Charities
- Supporting People and Befriending
at times limited depending on the nature and exact location of the task.
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Expenses can be refunded on presentation of receipts.
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
This role needs a degree of independence and would not be suitable for a minor .
Suitable for a group of volunteers
This role could be shared amongst a couple of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities