COVID-19 - volunteer safety support
The Conservation Volunteers
Enjoy being outdoors? Keen to help communities recover from COVID-19 lockdown, while staying safe and well? Have a couple of hours a week to spare? Live in the Adur & Worthing area?Then this role could be for you.
The Growing Communities project, led by The Conservation Volunteers, is supporting and encouraging local residents in Eastbrook (Adur) and Northbrook (Worthing) to improve their health and wellbeing by getting involved in outdoor activities such as planting trees, Green Gyms, community orchards, fitness, recreation and growing food on under-used or redundant patches of land.
Sadly all our activities have been suspended since March due to the COVID-19 lockdown. However, with the gradual relaxation of the lockdown - particularly for outdoor activities - we are now planning to get going again as soon as we can because the need to support people's health and wellbeing is greater than ever.
Of course, our activities will need to be run in way which keeps everyone safe and well, so we are looking for volunteers who can help specifically with the health and safety aspects of the activities.
Your role will be to:
- Hand out PPE where appropriate.
- Make sure participants use hand gel when they arrive.
- Wipe clean any equipment being used.
- Remind people about social distancing.
You will get clear instructions and support from the Project Leaders and we will be available at all times if you have any concerns.
We are looking for people who are friendly, responsible and reliable. You should feel comfortable explaining safety guidance to participants.
Of course, we are also concerned with keeping everyone involved in our project safe and well. So please only come forward to volunteer for us if:
· you’re well
· nobody in your household has coronavirus symptoms
· you’re under 70
· you’re not pregnant
· you do not have any long-term health conditions that make you vulnerable to coronavirus
- You will be helping local people improve their health and wellbeing.
- You get the chance to meet new people and make new friends.
- You will get experience which may help you to get a paid job, if that's your goal. Many shops are now employing people to do just this kind of role.
We will provide all the PPE, cleansers and other safety materials needed. You will just need to come along dressed appropriately for the environment we are working in and the weather!
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We will be running activities in different places, on different days. We are looking for people able to offer at least 2 hours a week. We can be flexible to help you fit this role around your other commitments.|
Where does this role take place?
Adur & Worthing
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Community Food
- Fitness and Sport
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- No specific interest
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities