Creative Social Media and Marketing Director
Are you an advocate for zero waste and reducing textile waste? Are you passionate about protecting our precious resources and reducing our carbon and water footprints? Are you interested in helping families and parents across Brighton & Hove to save money, and help fundraise for local schools?
Smarter Uniforms are looking for an innovative, fun and passionate social media volunteer to help us boost our following and market audience. We have so many reasons why our initiative is great, but we need someone talented to show it in a creative way!
From posting educational infographics to sharing news & events and promoting our initiative, there is always so much to talk about. We would love for every parent and school in Brighton & Hove to know about us, and we need someone passionate about the cause to do it. Help us to save money and the environment at the same time - for our children's sake.
- Previous experience working in social media (at least 1 year in total) or a portfolio/examples of previous work.
- Highly experienced in how to use and post on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Marketing experience: an understanding of how to grow an audience and increase profile engagement.
- Creative and innovative.
- Organised and committed.
- Independent, flexible and able to post content and engage on social media when needed.
- An understanding of our target audience (parents, families) with a strong network within the community.
- Local to Brighton & Hove.
- Work for an amazing local initiative tackling the city's textile waste problem and helping parents to save money - needed now more than ever during COVID-19 as families will struggle financially more than ever.
- Engaging with local partners, schools and businesses and meeting like-minded people in the community.
- Be a part of a fast-growing initiative that is in high demand from people all over the city.
Working from home.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||As this is a social media role, working hours and days are flexible. We would, however, need a committed weekly amount of time of a minimum of 8 hours a week. Please get in contact if you can offer fewer hours, for example, a one-off help, but we would like a volunteer to become a more permanent member of our team!|
- Employment, Education and Training
- Families and Parenting
- International Development and Cooperation
- Young People
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Film Making
- Marketing and Media
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities