Customer Service and Retail Volunteer - London Road
We need you.
Our shops are a vital source of income for our hospice. The money raised goes directly towards providing life changing hospice care to our communities across Brighton, Hove and the surrounding coastal areas.
We rely on the generosity of volunteers to support us by donating their time, helping us to keep our shops open and raising money.
Whether you want to meet new people, boost your CV or just support a fantastic local charity, we’d love to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
The role is based mainly on our shop floor, and you’ll be:
- Greeting customers and creating a friendly, welcoming atmosphere
- Providing assistance and asking customers if they need help or product recommendations
- Serving customers on the till, handling cash and card payments
- Talking about Gift Aid, explaining why it is important to the charity and helping customers sign up
- Keeping the shop floor looking great by tidying counters, refilling rails and organising displays
No previous retail or customer service experience is needed as full training is provided however we are looking for volunteers who are:
- Friendly and approachable
- Willing to learn and embrace new ways of working
- Confident in talking to a variety of different people
- Have an interest in fashion or collectables – knowing your Prada from your Primark
- Happy to work as part of a diverse team
- Proud to volunteer for Martlets.
- Opportunity to learn or develop skills in customer service and retail
- Be part of a fantastic team, meet new people and make friends
- Support your local community and hospice.
Our London Road shop is conveniently located near the centre of Brighton and is served by a number of different buses. We are able to reimburse reasonable travel expenses to help you access this role.
We are looking for volunteers to support us for a couple of hours a week between:
Monday - Sunday between 9.30am - 1.30pm or 1.30pm - 5pm
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
89-90 London Road
- Health and Social Care
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities