Digital Communications Assistant
Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East)
Do you have good communication skills? Want to gain more experience of digital media? Keen to help our community respond to the pressures created by Covid-19? Then this role could be for you.
Support our Communications Officer with all digital channels. Help with sharing information and guidance, monitoring and updating social media and our website, while working to help raise awareness of the work that we do.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Help maintain and build on our positive reputation.
Support and provide input into a social media strategy.
Help to maintain and develop social media accounts with regular posts, both planned and reactive.
Support with developing, managing, updating and writing content for website.
Research platforms on which we may wish to increase our presence e.g. Tik Tok, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube.
Support with producing and posting content for our internal Intranet system.
Support where required the generation of electronic newsletters.
Specific qualifications and experience are not required to take on the role. However some experience with social media is desirable. For example, you may use social media for personal use, and have an interest in developing these skills on a professional basis.
You need to:
have great communication skills, particularly written.
be confident using the internet and understand what makes good website content.
be really organised, demonstrating a high level of initiative.
have good IT skills.
be able to demonstrate an interest in the work of Citizens Advice.
1. Fantastic opportunity to gain experience for your CV if that interests you.
2. Be part of a friendly and enthusiastic team of staff and volunteers who care passionately about the wellbeing of our community.
3. Contribute to Citizens Advice's vital work in helping people deal with the additional worries and pressures which Covid-19 has created in their lives.
Currently the role would be home-based, with full training, support and contact via phone and video conferencing e.g. on Microsoft Teams with later possibility to work from a Citizens Advice office alongside the Communications Officer.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are looking for people able to volunteer for 6-8 hours a week - which can be spread across a couple of days - preferably a Wednesday or Friday. Don't worry if you don't know what your availability will be longer term - we are still interested to hear from you now.|
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities