Social media volunteer
Malthouse Meadow Forest Garden Group
Interested in nature? Good at social media? Live in or near Sompting? Looking for an ongoing volunteer role with lots of flexibility? If so, this could be a good fit for you.
Malthouse Meadow is a beautiful green space in Sompting designated for development as a forest garden – a form of conservation based on woodland ecosystems. It involves developing a variety of features, including fruit trees and grazing sheep, to provide a habitat for wildlife, flora and fauna and a beautiful place for local people to enjoy and learn more about biodiversity. Our aim is to create a place we are proud to leave for the next generation.
The Malthouse Meadow Forest Garden Group is a group of fantastic local volunteers, supported by the councils and other partners, who meet about once a month on the site to implement the action plan for the forest garden.
We are looking for a volunteer to help us with our communications. We currently keep in touch with volunteers, partners and the community through our Facebook page and emails. We need someone who can help us share news about our project and inspire other people to visit and get involved.
Your role will be to:
- Advise us on the best way to use social media.
- Manage our social media accounts.
- Regularly post content.
- Encourage other volunteers to suggest content and provide photos, videos.
- Manage our email list.
- Suggest and develop new communication channels if needed e.g. an e-newsletter.
- Liaise with the Group Coordinator and other volunteers.
This is a very flexible role which you can do at times which suit you. We think it will take an average of about an hour a week.
You will be able to do most of this role from home, although you are of course encouraged to join in our events whenever you can to meet the volunteers and spot good stories and photo opportunities.
If this sounds interesting, please get in touch for an informal chat by clicking the ‘register your interest’ button at the top of the page.
You should be a confident social media user with sufficient knowledge to help us make the most of Facebook and perhaps other sites in the future.
However, you don't need to have social media work experience. This is a good opportunity to boost your CV.
Ideally you should live in or near Sompting so that it’s easy for you to visit Malthouse Meadow and meet other volunteers.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Make a difference to your local community.
- Get experience for your CV if that's of interest to you.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This is a very flexible role which you can do largely from home and fit around your other commitments. It will also be useful for you to attend some of the events in the garden so you can meet the other volunteers and see what they do. However, you're not expected to attend them all.|
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- No specific interest
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities