Digital Content Marketing Assistant
Carers Support West Sussex
Are you able to write engaging digital content? Do you enjoy researching issues? Are you looking for a way of contributing your skills to help others in your local community? Or perhaps you'd like to get more experience for your CV. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
Carers Support West Sussex is a charity supporting family and friend carers living in West Sussex. With more than 26,000 carers registered with the charity, we run support groups, a carer response line, we help carers access equipment to assist them in their caring role and provide funds so carers can do something for themselves. We can also help carers access counselling and call back services, well-being support, and have teams in all the of the major hospitals in West Sussex.
With more than 100 members of staff and over 70 volunteers, Carers Support is committed to ensuring carers are recognised and listened to.
We are now looking for a volunteer to get involved in creating digital content which will interest our carers and make the most of various carers' events and awareness days.
You will be working alongside the Communications, PR and Engagement Manager and their team, supporting the delivery of compelling and engaging content. Depending on your level of experience, this role could expand to making recommendations about how our online channels could be developed to engage our audiences with our content more effectively.
We offer lots of support to help you make the most of your volunteering including:
- Matching you up with a mentor from our team who will support you and do regular 1:1 reviews.
- Connecting you with our wider volunteering team and, depending on COVID restrictions, giving you the opportunity to meet with other volunteers and attend team meetings.
- Providing training for the role including:
- An online induction (which takes about 2 hours)
- Online GDPR training.
- Training specific to your marketing role.
You will do this role from home and there is plenty of flexibility around timings.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is able to write engaging and influential content.
- Has good IT skills and is able to use online systems including zoom.
- Pays attention to detail and accuracy.
- Has good research skills and enjoys covering every angle of the given topic.
Before you can start the role we will require two references and we will do a basic DBS check.
- This role will make an incredible difference to the amount of information we can provide our carers.
- You will help us to engage and reach more carers across West Sussex and grow our digital followers.
- Great for your CV too!
The role is home based and you will need:
- Access to a computer or laptop
- Wi-Fi access within your home.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Timings will be flexible to enable you to fit this role around your other commitments - from a minimum of 1 hour per week, including attending training and meetings. We do ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months.|
- Marketing and Media
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
When agreed with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities