Digital Inclusion Volunteer
Are you a confident user of digital technology? Are you good at helping others get online? Would you like to be involved in helping end homelessness? Can you spare two hours a week?
Turning Tides is a community-led homelessness charity operating in Worthing, Littlehampton, Horsham, Mid Sussex and surrounding areas. We help hundreds of men and women towards a sustainable, fulfilling life within the community. Turning Tides remains determined to end local homelessness - a reality that can only be achieved through finding shared purpose with clients, other services and the wider community.
One of the things many of our clients need in order to live a sustainable and fulfilling life in the community, is help with digital technology: to establish emails, access online banking, fill out online application forms, knowing the difference between a fraudulent email and a secure email, how applications can look on different pieces of technology and also help them to meet the Government's digital framework. To address this need we're launching a new Digital Inclusion project -providing devices, training and support.
What will I be doing?
You will provide digital support to individual clients who attend one of our services. Sometimes you may also be asked to do this for groups.
You will carry out your role on Turning Tides premises where we have strict procedures to minimise the risks of COVID transmission.
As a Digitial Inclusion Volunteer, you will:
- Facilitate and plan the sessions, liaising with the Digital Inclusion team.
- Provide support and encouragement to the Client.
- Build a relationship based on trust and companionship.
- Maintain boundaries between yourself and the client.
- Communicate with staff members of the location and times of meetings, and check in and out with identified staff members.
- Participate in monthly supervisions with appointed staff member.
- Respond to feedback.
Our expectations of you as a volunteer:
- Be inclusive and welcoming.
- Communicate with staff on duty.
- Be flexible to the needs of the staff member on duty.
- Abide by the Confidentiality, Professional Boundaries and Health and Safety Policies at all times
We are looking to recruit 2-3 volunteers who, between them, can cover all the areas we work in -Worthing, Littlehampton, Horsham or Mid Sussex. So please let us know which geographic area would suit you best and whether or not you can travel to any of the other areas.
We are looking for people who:
- Are confident users of digital technology and familiar with Microsoft Office; accuracy is an essential skill in this role.
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Have a genuine interest in supporting homeless people to access a better life.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a huge difference to the life of a local homeless person.
You will also gain experience which could boost your CV if that's of interest to you.
We ask you to participate in initial training and ongoing training.
We will need to do a DBS (disclosure and barring service) check before you start. There is no charge for this but we will need you to provide identification documents to enable us to do this.
We will also need two character references . These references do not need to be employment references, however, we cannot accept references from family members.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We ask for a minimum commitment of 2 hours a week, The times can be flexible to suit the need of digital support from different services.|
Where does this role take place?
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities