Digital Marketing Volunteer
We are FoodPioneers C.I.C
Would you like to develop skills in digital marketing? Or perhaps you would like to put your existing skills to good use? We are looking for a volunteer to support the management of FoodPioneers with digital marketing.
FoodPioneers is a small Worthing based not-for-profit social enterprise that organises a range of food and environment related events and activities in and around Worthing. Current projects include the Worthing Honey Collective, social cooking activities and seaweed related events. Our activities are community based and we are looking for someone who can help support our communications through social media, our email newsletter and on our website, raising awareness of what we do and celebrating achievements.
Your role will be to:
- Collate suitable content such as events, projects, information, news, success stories etc., with support from FoodPioneers Directors and other volunteers.
- Post content onto our website, which is based on WordPress, and ensure it stays up to date and relevant.
- Periodically collate and write items for the email newsletter and send out via MailChimp.
- Post content onto our social media pages including FaceBook and Instagram, for FoodPioneers and project pages such as Worthing Honey Collective.
- With support from FoodPioneers Directors, develop our digital media approach so that we are making the most of the opportunities it offers to achieve our communication aims.
This is a home-based remote working role as we have no actual premises. We will predominantly communicate virtually via phone, Whatsapp and Zoom (or whatever communication method is mutually agreed) and can occasionally meet in person (socially distanced of course, as required).
Training and ongoing guidance for all of the above will be given.
If you're interested or have any questions, please get in touch by clicking the 'register your interest' button and we can talk via phone, email or zoom. If you are interested in only 1 part of the role e.g. managing the website via WordPress or managing the socialmedia posts, please also get in touch as we are open to splitting the role.
We are recruiting for this role despite the COVID-19 emergency because it's important for our future. We would really like to hear from you if you're interested. We could talk by phone or video link initially so you can find out more about the role and if it might be right for you.
You don't need to have done this kind of work before but you do need to be interested in digital media and actively use it in your own life. We are looking for someone who:
- Can communicate well via digital media
- Has experience of writing short pieces of content
- Has a reasonable level of digital literacy
- Desirable – has experience of WordPress
- Desirable – IT/Digital marketing experience.
A chance to learn new skills in digital marketing, working in a team, working off your own initiative and developing creativity.
- Volunteering with a very sociable team of people doing interesting projects in Worthing
- The chance to contribute to the growth and development of an organisation
- Great experience for your CV if that interests you
- Additional training will be given as necessary or requested.
You will need to have access to a computer/tablet to update the website and email, and a mobile phone for the social media.
- Volunteer will have support from FoodPioneers Directors.
- Training opportunities.
- Volunteer time required is a minimum of 3 days per month, with flexibility.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||There is considerable flexibility in this role, which can be organised around other commitments.|
Where does this role take place?
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Community Food
- No specific interest
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- This role is adaptable for different abilities