Discharge Support Volunteer (Meadowfield)
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Discharge Support Volunteers provide practical, emotional and social support to patients just before they are discharged. This support is tailored to the individual patient's needs and is open to patients who are 18 years or over.
The skills you need:
- Good understanding of issues faced by people with mental health problems with empathy
- Good listening and communication skills
- Ability to stay calm
- Good understanding of boundaries
- Ability to report back to Coordinator
- Ability to deal with and an understanding of confidential information
- The ability to think independently and prioritise tasks
- Approachable and helpful, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Adaptive and flexible.
- Increase your social and relationship skills
- Gain career experience
- Volunteering provides a sense of purpose
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
- Mental Health
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Over 18 years old
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities