Do you want to make a difference? Are you interested in health and social care?
NHS Sussex Clinical Commissioning Groups
We are seeking volunteers to become Community Ambassadors and help shape future NHS and social care services in Sussex.
Community Ambassadors are part of an exciting new way of helping the Sussex Health and Care Partnership to understand what is important to local people and make sure local health and care services are what local people need.
We are looking for 30 members of the public to work in one of three Community Ambassador roles:
• Community Ambassadors (Engagement) work in the local community, trying to make contact with people to talk to them about health and care services in the area and to find out their views.
• Community Ambassadors (Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion) also work in the local community, but they are particularly trying to reach out to communities that the health and care services have difficulty in hearing from – for example faith groups, homeless people, people with a disability, people from some cultural backgrounds.
• Community Ambassadors (Strategic) do office-based work, giving advice and support to NHS programmes across Sussex, and helping to make decisions about health and care services.
• Local knowledge
• Energy and enthusiasm
• Able to talk to people
• Is linked into local communities
Why become a Community Ambassador?
• Make a difference in your local community
• Make new friends
• Be part of a team
• Enhance your CV through new skills, confidence and a reference
• Channel the views of the community
• Gain an understanding of the NHS
Community Ambassadors receive expenses and, in certain circumstances, recognition payments are offered.
References are also provided to Community Ambassadors.
Training and support is provided to Community Ambassadors.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The Community Ambassador (Engagement and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion) are flexible and can be done around existing arrangements. There is no minimum time commitment. The Community Ambassador (Strategic) requires regular commitment. Meetings take place during the working day. The volunteer would need to be prepared to travel.|
Where does this role take place?
- Health and Social Care
- Advice and Information
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities