Smarter Uniforms - Driver
Brighton and Hove Fair Trade Steering Group
Smarter Uniforms is a community led second-hand uniform shop based in Brighton & Hove. We aim to fundraise for schools, save parents money and protect our planet's precious resources for our children's future.
We need volunteers to drive uniforms to and from schools and our sorting centre/ uniform shop.
We are so grateful to receive so many donations from parents and schools. On collection days we receive hundreds of uniform donations that need processing. Sorting through the uniforms and organising them is vital to keep our shop running efficiently. We are in need of people to help with this sorting process which includes folding, ordering, organising and shelving the uniform so it is ready to be resold in our shop. Helping out in our shop also includes roles such as: stock replenishment, tidying the store, creating and processing online orders.
Go to bhft.org.uk/smarter-uniforms to find out more about how we fundraise for local schools, protect the planet and why we do what we do.
We are looking for volunteers who are enthusiastic, reliable, and comfortable in a team environment and who hold a full UK driving license. The use of a van will be provided. DBS checked is a desirable addition, however not essential.
- You will help fundraising for schools at a time where government is cutting funding and provide free uniforms to families where needed.
- The opportunity to work along side a great team, the local council, local schools and businesses
- The opportunity to engage with an interesting project that has social and environmental benefits to the city of Brighton and Hove and the opportunity to gain a greater understanding of textiles and sustainability through practical experience.
The use of a vehicle will be provided along with the appropriate insurance coverage.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We require volunteers that are flexible with their time and can collect and deliver uniforms when requested by the schools and when we have events such as pop-up shops and collection days.|
Where does this role take place?
21 Queens Road
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Families and Parenting
- International Development and Cooperation
- Young People
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years