E-Cargo Bike Volunteer
Do you like cycling? Do you have 4 hours free per week?
The role of the e-cargo bike volunteer is a new one, which is part of a new project funded by WRAP, (Waste and Resources Action Programme), with the aim of expanding our operation to reach smaller suppliers and projects using green transport.
As an e-cargo bike volunteer, you will be using our new electric cargo bike to collect and deliver surplus food from new suppliers and projects in Brighton and Hove.
What will I be doing?
- You will be the vital link between us and the charities, getting the food to where it's needed.
- You'll be the friendly face of Fareshare interacting with the charities, making sure they get the food they need.
- Liaising with the staff team at the beginning of your shift to plan deliveries for the day/shift.
- Performing a clean and inspection of the e-cargo bike before use to ensure safety of the vehicle and rider.
- Efficiently and accurately documenting food received from the suppliers.
- Ability and level of fitness to cycle a power assisted e-cargo bike confidently for up to four hours in traffic around the Brighton and Hove area.
- E-cargo bike experience is desirable but not essential.
- Good customer service, even when working to deadline with suppliers and projects.
- Confidence to volunteer alone whilst out on deliveries.
- Ability to understand and accept people from different backgrounds and with additional needs.
- Ability to be adaptable - managing surplus can be unpredictable, so day-to-day tasks can vary.
- Positive, friendly, and enthusiastic about tackling food waste and food poverty.
- Completion of relevant training - cycle safety, Level 2 Food Hygiene online, Health & Safety / Manual handling training.
- Be available for at least one four hour shift per week for three months.
- Comfortable using technology for navigation.
- Be at the forefront of stopping good food from going to waste and be involved in a new low-carbon food distribution project.
- Be part of a friendly team of like-minded people.
- New experience and skills to add to your CV
- Active role, great exercise.
- Please note that agreement to a DBS check is required for this role.
- Good level of fitness to cycle a power assisted e-cargo bike.
- Able to complete free training.
- The FareShare Sussex warehouse is based in Moulsecoomb. (Accessible by bus on the 25, 28, 29 and 50 (Moulsecoomb Way bus stop) or 10-15 minute walk from Moulsecoomb train station.
- Reasonable travel expenses will be paid, and a free lunch on site
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Volunteer will need to be available for at least one four hour shift per week for three months.|
Where does this role take place?
Brighton and Hove
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Reasonable travel expenses will be paid.
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
Free training. To include cycle safety, Level 2 Food Hygiene online, Health&Safety/Manual training.