Employment Service Administration Volunteer (Brighton)
What we need:
To provide administrative support to the Community Employment Service.
Things you can do:
- Assisting the Community Employment Service facilitators and specialists with the office administration involved in running the project.
- Updating resources and maintaining accurate records using MS Excel, online survey tools and Cloud based management systems
- Using Microsoft Office programmes such as Word and Excel.
- Researching local supports and services.
- Researching local companies and employers.
- Researching job fairs and events in the area.
- Updating the clients’ database with the relevant documents, notes and paperwork.
- Updating outreach and corporate databases.
- Creating case studies for service users who have given their permission; helping to highlight the positive impact of the Get Set project
- Sending emails and using the telephone to contact both participants and external organisations.
Can you provide the following:
- We require someone who is above all organised, systematic and has an eye for detail.
- Good IT and data entry skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to the provision of quality services and support for disabled people.
- To demonstrate an empathetic, confidential, tolerant and understanding approach to clients’ needs.
These are some skills, knowledge and experience we are looking for. However, if you don’t have these don’t worry as we can offer training and development within these areas.
- An opportunity to offer your skills and experience.
- The chance to build confidence, self-esteem and make a difference.
- Join a team committed to better, more equal and inclusive public services.
- Meet new people.
- Learn new skills, develop your CV and gain work references.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
- General Helping
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer