Employment Service Administration Volunteer (Hastings)
What we need:
To provide administrative support to the Community Employment Service Project in Hastings.
Things you can do:
- Assisting the Community Employment Service facilitators and specialists with the office administration involved in running the project.
- Updating resources and maintaining accurate records using MS Excel, online survey tools and Cloud based management systems
- Using Microsoft Office programmes such as Word and Excel.
- Researching local supports and services.
- Researching local companies and employers.
- Researching job fairs and events in the area.
- Updating the clients’ database with the relevant documents, notes and paperwork.
- Updating outreach and corporate databases.
- Creating case studies for service users who have given their permission; helping to highlight the positive impact of the Get Set project
- Sending emails and using the telephone to contact both participants and external organisations.
Each Volunteer will have a full induction with the Office & Resources Manager in order to familiarise themselves with the overall working practices of the organisation and to prepare for the specific tasks that their Volunteering role will focus on.
Volunteers will have 1:1s every three months with the Community Employment Services project lead or manager.
Volunteers always work with a member of staff and are made to feel welcome as part of the team.
Can you provide the following?:
- We require someone who is above all organised, systematic and has an eye for detail.
- Good IT and data entry skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to the provision of quality services and support for disabled people.
- To demonstrate an empathetic, confidential, tolerant and understanding approach to clients’ needs.
Maybe you have done:
- Experience in an administrative environment.
- Knowledge or experience of Microsoft office programmes.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- Knowledge and/or experience of disability issues.
This role does not require any knowledge and or experience of a particular project or department.
Please do not worry about the tasks – a thorough induction will be provided with ongoing support and training.
- An opportunity to offer your skills and experience.
- The chance to build confidence, self-esteem and make a difference.
- Join a team committed to better, more equal and inclusive public services.
- Meet new people.
- Learn new skills, develop your CV and gain work references.
We would like 1 shift a week on a day which is mutually convenient. We need volunteers on Monday afternoon or a Friday between 10 am & 1pm or 1pm & 4pm.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We would like 1 shift a week on a day which is mutually convenient. We need volunteers on Monday afternoon or a Friday between 10 am & 1pm or 1pm & 4pm.|
Where does this role take place?
Hastings Voluntary Action
- Administration and Office
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer