Enter and View
Healthwatch Brighton and Hove
As a local Healthwatch, our volunteers have the power to enter premises owned or controlled by health and social care providers. They observe the nature and quality of services, speak to patients, their families and carers and staff, and feedback their finding for us to report on.
- Visit health and social care provider premises
- Talk to patients, their families, carers and staff about the service they have received
- Report your interview and observations to us
- Attend periodic meetings of Enter and View volunteers
- Comply with our policies and procedures.
You should ideally have
- Working as part of a team
- Carrying out observations and/or assessing services objectively
- Communicating effectively with a diverse range of people
- Writing notes and/or providing constructive feedback.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to read and digest written materials
- An ability to leave aside one’s own personal agenda
- An ability to maintain confidentiality
- Punctuality and reliability.
Not essential, but it would be helpful if you also had:
- A background in Health and Social Care Services
- Experience of working with vulnerable people
- Experience of conducting public surveys.
- The chance to improve health and social care services in your local community, whilst earning valuable practical experience in this sector.
- Full training given as well as well as regular opportunities for further training.
- A reference after six months of service.
You role would involve visiting health and social care premises in the city: hospitals, GP surgeries, care homes.
Our offices are in central Brighton, near the main station and this is where we would have interviews, training and volunteer meetings.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We ask that you commit to 6 months of volunteering - days/time can be flexible.|
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Emergency Response
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- No specific interest
- Older People
- Young People
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Full out-of-pocket expenses paid
- Health and Safety
Full training provided
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Public liability and professional indemnity covered
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Most site visits are conducted by several volunteers at a time.
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
Regular opportunities for support from the Healthwatch team and other volunteers, in group and one-to-one settings.
- This role is adaptable for different abilities
Regular opportunities for relevant training.