Evening Meal Cook
To cook a nutritious hot meal for the residents using the food resources available.
The evening meal cook works independently to make nutritious hot meals for the residents using the food resources available, and making sure that they kitchen is left in a clean and tidy state after they have finished. Sometimes volunteers may wish to cook the meal with a partner or friends. This is fine, so long as they also register as a volunteer with Turning Tides.
• be inclusive and welcoming.
• communicate with staff on duty.
• be flexible to the needs of the staff member on duty.
• abide by the Confidentiality, Professional Boundaries and Health and Safety Policies at all times.
Requirements: Please note this role will require two character references.
Professional boundary and confidentiality training will be covered during the induction meeting.
Working with a team
Gaining experience with a homeless charity
Gaining experience in catering
On a bus route. Limited parking.
From 5pm – 8pm, Monday - Sunday
When do I need to be available?
|Details||From 5pm – 8pm, Monday - Sunday Flexible – One evening per month or one evening per week.|
Where does this role take place?
5 Byron Road
- Homeless and Housing
- Cooking and Catering
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer
As part of this role volunteers with be given access to Food Safety training