Event organiser - MOSAIC Cook and Eat Sessions
MOSAIC Black & Mixed Parentage Family Group
MOSAIC Black and Mixed Parentage family Group is an anti racist community organisation supporting families in Brighton and Hove. We are planning to organise a range of activities for Black and Mixed Parentage Families in Brighton and Hove. We shall be organising Cook and Eat Sessions at the Brighton and Hove Community Kitchen. The sessions will be a space where children and young people will learn cooking skills, activities for young children and space for adults to socialise. We are currently seeking volunteers who can help us to make these events a success for families. The sessions will take place quarterly on Sundays during the year from 12pm to 5pm
Activities can include: doing arts and crafts activities with young children, signing in attendees, encourage participation of families, help with cooking session, organising discussion, or advice session for adults.
Volunteers must be able to:
- work in a team, as well as on their own initiative
- share ideas and implement them
- be reliable
- agree to and implement tasks agreed by other members of the team and feedback their progress
- work with a range of people including young children, young people and adults from a range of backgrounds.
We expect volunteers to be able to meet MOSAIC membership criteria which is to be Black or Asian Minority Ethnic or from a Black or Mixed Heritage family. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Volunteers will be expected to attend at least two planning meetings leading up to an event and one evaluation meeting after the event.
Volunteers will be expected to have some knowledge of issues that affect Black and Mixed Parentage families in order to plan activities which will be appropriate and beneficial for them.
Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Volunteering with MOSAIC will provide opportunities to:
- meet new people
- work in a team and gain a sense of achievement
- develop personal and professional networks
- develop communication skills
- develop skills in community development practice, or working with children and young people
- make a positive contribution to BAME communities in Brighton and Hove
MOSAIC office and the Community Kitchen are based at Community Base 113 Queens Road, between Brighton Station and the Clocktower. Parking is limited, but buses 7 and 6 stop outside the office. Community Base is a short walk from Churchill Square and Brighton Station.
Meetings will be arranged by negotiation with staff and other volunteers working on this programme. Out of meeting tasks can be undertaken at your own convenience.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
113 Queen's Road
- Cooking and Catering
- General Helping
- Local Events
- Practical Skills
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer