Event production assistant for eco fashion event
Sew Fabulous is a community interest sewing studio located in Brighton Open Market. In spring 2020 we are hosting a large scale eco fashion and textiles event.
Re-skill, Re-use, Re-fashion. A circular economy project.
This project has come partly as a direct response to the 350,000 tons of textiles that go to landfill in the UK every year. Partly because of the sweatshop factories and working conditions throughout the world, and the environmental impact of fast fashion.
And partly to showcase the amazing work we do at Sew Fabulous, and the amazing work that many of our colleagues throughout the city at other organisations do.
City clean have 75 textile recycling bins throughout our city. 40% of profits gained from selling on donated clothes go towards the funding of small community groups like ours. The funding for our project has come through this strand.
We will be working with designers, charities, environmental groups, artists and makers, inspirational speakers and more
- Experience necessary to thrive in the role
- Communications by phone and email, and following up on communications.
- Logistical planning.
- Liaising with people and organisations.
- Helping to organise print and other materials.
- Attending planning meetings.
- On the day team member.
- Experience putting on an event with a small local organisation
- Fun and educational
- Training opportunities
Flexible (ish) hours
Easy to get to location in Brighton Open Market
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We would like someone to be available on Mon or Tues before 3pm for at least 4 hours.|
Where does this role take place?
Studio 10 Brighton Open Market
- Administration and Office
- Business Skills
- Computers, IT and Websites
- General Helping
- Local Events
- Marketing and Media
- One-off Activity
- Practical Skills
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer