Event Volunteer - Brighton Memory Walk
Memory Walk is a family-friendly sponsored walk which takes place across the country in September and October to raise funds for people with dementia.
Each walk is attended by hundreds of people and simply couldn’t happen without the support of our Event Volunteers. By helping out on the day with fundraising activity or encouraging walkers to complete the course, you will be helping us to raise money to fund our vital work helping those affected by dementia.
What you'll be doing:
- Supporting fundraising activity in and around the event site, for example holding collection buckets, or serving people at merchandise stands.
- Helping participants find their way around the walk route by covering marshal points.
- Cheering walkers through the finish line and handing out medals.
This role will suit you if you:
- Are friendly, welcoming and enjoy being part of a large event.
- Are flexible and willing to take on a variety of different tasks as needed.
- Are a good communicator and are comfortable talking to people from all walks of life.
- We will make you feel welcome, included and respected. You will be helping to raise funds which will make a real difference to the lives of those affected by dementia.
- You will receive a face-to-face briefing from us before the event starts so you can feel confident in your role.
- We’ll keep you up to date through email communications from the team, outlining your role and
what to expect when volunteering at the event.
To ensure the safety and security of our participants and volunteers we ask that:
- You inform us of any medical condition that may affect your volunteering at the event.
- You provide us with details of a suitable person to contact in case of emergency.
- You come prepared with suitable footwear, clothing and a charged mobile phone.
- You commit to a minimum of 6 hours of volunteering at the event.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Saturday 1st October - 8.45am|
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Briefing on the morning of the event
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Would need to be accompanied by an adult
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities