Events and Sales Volunteer
Are you an advocate for zero waste and reducing textile waste? Are you passionate about protecting our planet's precious resources and reducing our carbon and water footprints? Are you interested in helping families and parents across Brighton & Hove to save money, and help fund-raise for local schools?
Smarter Uniforms is looking for a passionate, approachable and friendly Events and Sales Volunteer to assist the selling and receiving of donations at our Open Market Pop-up Shop and in our events throughout the summer. Towards the end of the academic year, we organise more events for parents/guardians to donate old school uniform and purchase second-hand good quality uniform.
From assisting the provision of events to communicating and engaging with parents/guardians, this role is impactful in maintaining Brighton and Hove's circular economy, as it contributes to increasing accessibility and affordability of school uniforms for more and more parents across the community!
- Communicative and team-oriented
- Organised and committed
- Experience with serving customers
- Interested in the NGO sector.
- Work for an amazing local charity that aims to transform Brighton and Hove's textile waste issue, whilst collectively benefitting the local community by helping parents to save on uniforms, reducing their hardships.
- Communicating with parents, schools as well as Smarter Uniforms staff, maintaining an excellent team-oriented environment whilst creating impact.
- Engaging and participating in a fast-growing movement that is highly demanded by the Brighton and Hove public, with the growing need for a circular economy.
Local to Brighton and Hove.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are looking for volunteers who can do 1-4 days a week as we have events planned from the 14th of July, and a two-day event on the 24rd-24th that we need support with. If successful with the application the volunteer can assist sales on other days, outside of events as well as future events later in the year.|
Where does this role take place?
First Floor, 8 The Boardwalk
- Employment, Education and Training
- Families and Parenting
- International Development and Cooperation
- Young People
- Fundraising and Finance
- Local Events
- Sorting and organising items
- Supporting Charities
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities