Events and Sales Volunteer
Are you an advocate for zero waste and reducing textile waste? Are you passionate about protecting our planet's precious resources and reducing our carbon and water footprints? Are you interested in helping families and parents across Brighton & Hove to save money, and help fund-raise for local schools?
Smarter Uniforms is looking for a passionate, approachable and friendly Events and Sales Volunteer to assist the selling and receiving of donations at our new Open Market Unit beginning in November, to commit to a few days a week.
From assisting the provision of events to communicating and engaging with parents/guardians, this role is impactful in maintaining Brighton and Hove's circular economy, as it contributes to increasing accessibility and affordability of school uniforms for more and more parents across the community!
- Communicative and team-oriented
- Organised and committed
- Experience with serving customers
- Interested in the NGO sector.
- Work for an amazing local charity that aims to transform Brighton and Hove's textile waste issue, whilst collectively benefitting the local community by helping parents to save on uniforms, reducing their hardships.
- Communicating with parents, schools as well as Smarter Uniforms staff, maintaining an excellent team-oriented environment whilst creating impact.
- Engaging and participating in a fast-growing movement that is highly demanded by the Brighton and Hove public, with the growing need for a circular economy.
Local to Brighton and Hove.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are looking for volunteers who are available 2 days a week for 5-7 hours per shift, in our Open Market Unit.|
Where does this role take place?
- Employment, Education and Training
- Families and Parenting
- International Development and Cooperation
- Young People
- Fundraising and Finance
- Local Events
- Sorting and organising items
- Supporting Charities
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Open for everyone
Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities