Community Works is on a mission to inspire more people in Adur & Worthing to volunteer for the amazing voluntary groups and charities which make such a massive contribution to our local community.
Most people have little idea of the huge range of volunteering roles on offer locally and how flexible many roles are; and those thinking about volunteering are often not sure where to start. So we're trying to do more to spread the word about the benefits of volunteering, what’s on offer, the flexible nature of modern volunteering, where to start and how Community Works can help.
We don’t have much budget so we need to make the most of the free and low cost ways of getting our message out there. One way is to have a presence at some of the many events and festivals which take place around Adur & Worthing. And we’re looking for one or two Events Assistant volunteers to help us coordinate this activity.
The responsibilities of the role are:
- To identify and research the events we might attend.
- To recommend which events we should attend and in what form.
- To plan our presence at the event and make the advance arrangements - liaising with the event organisers, local partners and Community Works.
- To coordinate the involvement of other Community Works staff and volunteers.
- To attend the event and coordinate our activity at the event itself.
- To do an evaluation of the event, what we achieved, the lessons learned and recommendations for the future.
You may be keen on taking on all of these tasks or you might just have an interest in some aspects. Either way, please get in touch - we're flexible and open to suggestions.
You don't need events experience. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to build up their CV.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Well organised.
- Confident and motivated.
- Keen to learn.
- Enjoys working independently and as part of a team.
You should be able to:
- Do research via the internet.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly verbally and in writing.
- Prepare a simple plan for the event and communicate it to colleagues.
- Approach and liaise with event organisers from charities, the Councils and businesses.
- Liaise with Community Works staff and volunteers and encourage them to get involved when needed.
- Hands-on experience of event organisation to boost your CV.
- Being part of a friendly,
welcoming and growing community project.
- Access to training and networking opportunities through Community Works.
The role is based in the Community Works office in Worthing Town Hall - although much of the planning work can be done from home if that works better for you. You may also need to occasionally visit an event organiser in the local area and of course we will need you to attend events on the day (but we appreciate you may not be able to attend every event that you help plan. If that's the case we will need to build that into the planning and ask another volunteer or member of staff to lead on the day).
We will pay your travel expenses; and lunch expenses when you volunteer for more than half a day.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are willing to be flexible to help you fit this volunteering role into your life. Whatever time you can offer, and whether you'd like to volunteer on an ongoing basis or for the short term, we're open to a discussion. You will need to spend some time in our Worthing Office liaising with other staff and volunteers but there will be the opportunity to do some work at home if that works better for you. We are flexible. So if you're interested, get in touch and let's talk!|
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Employment, Education and Training
- No specific interest
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities