Events Organisers with the BMEYPP
Black and Minority Ethnic Young People's Project (BMEYPP)
The Black and Minority Ethnic Young People's Project (BMEYPP) works with young people who are Black, Asian, Arab and Mixed Heritage aged 11 to 25 in Brighton and Hove.
We use events to develop young people's skills, celebrate their cultural identities, promote BMEYPP to wider communities.
Past events include:
- Black History Month community events
- Kick it Out youth football tournaments
- Women's events,
- Eid community events,
- Youth Parties and consultation days.
Young people help to plan and deliver events.
The volunteering role will help us to continue to deliver a range of events through the year to different audiences in the community including our 15 year anniversary in 2020, and will involve:
- Attending planning meetings
- Undertaking agreed tasks between meetings and report back
- Designing and distributing promotional materials
- Sourcing support and help on the day
- Approaching local businesses for sponsorship and donations
- Set up and clear up on the day
- Any other agreed tasks.
We are looking for people who are:
- Are able to share ideas with others
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Have a flexible approach to volunteering
- Are interested and able to work alongside young people
- Local knowledge will be useful but not essential
- Black, Asian, Arab and Mixed heritage people who are able to be positive role models for our members.
- Have fun organising and attending various youth events
- Work alongside a vibrant team as well as young people
- Learn or enhance range of skills
Meetings will take place at a location in central Brighton and will be negotiated by members of the team.
When do I need to be available?
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities