We need you to help promote the work we do by engaging and talking to the public confidently about the charity, to encourage and gain new supporters and run a fundraising activity or sale of merchandise from our stand. We attend and host a variety of events and the role could involve:
• Taking donations using our collection tins or using our cashless tap-and-go terminals and iPads for online donations.
• We aim to make the stand as interactive as possible so you may be asked to take part in some simple activities such as a raffle or quiz (Covid guidance permitting).
• At some events we sell merchandise or need stewards.
• Helping with setting up and taking down the exhibition stand/display would be appreciated as we have gazebos, tables, vans etc.
• We are also seeking help with the distribution of promotional materials and putting up and taking down banners in key locations at various times throughout the year, to promote our current appeals and events.
• be inclusive and welcoming
• communicate professionally with the contacts you make
• be flexible to the needs of the staff member on duty
• be consistent, reliable, trustworthy, and honest
• be over 18 years of age
• be willing travel – a driving licence would be helpful.
This vital role helps us to reach new people and inspire others to support our work.
Benefits to the volunteer:
Turning Tides offers volunteers training so your time volunteering is the best it can be, is as safe as possible, and of course adds value to your experience and to Turning Tides.
Every volunteer regardless of role will have their initial induction. During this induction you be taken through a PowerPoint presentation and be issued with ‘Not Just a Volunteer’ handbook. The induction will cover Professional Boundaries, Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity and be a chance for you to ask any questions.
We will provide ongoing support and everything you need to get started and you will be asked to attend a training session, so you are comfortable and happy in your role.
Members of the fundraising team will be present to support you in your role and knowledge of the work that Turning Tides do will be shared.
You will get a T-shirt to wear too!
Training and support will be given regarding cash handling and online donations.
We wish to be better known in our local communities. To help this we attend community stalls and events organised by other organisations and run our own events.
We need people who are friends and supporters of Turning Tides and who can be the face of Turning Tides and who can be the face of the Charity.
Locations will vary within our local communities in Worthing, Littlehampton, Shoreham, Horsham, and Mid Sussex.
Flexible – ad hoc, various events throughout the year. These events are most likely to fall on weekends. For all day events, we can run shifts to suit your needs. You would be part of a Fundraising Events pool of volunteers and as community event attendance is booked, we will contact you to ask if you are available.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Whether it is hours or days, the time you give really will make a difference.|
- Homeless and Housing
- Mental Health
- Substance Misuses and Addiction
- Womens Issues
- Young People
- Fundraising and Finance
- General Helping
- Local Events
- Marketing and Media
- Supporting Charities
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer