Events Webinar Coordinator
SEDS (Sussex Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes)
Do you have experience of webinar delivery? Would you like to use your experience to help strengthen a local community group supporting people living with a debilitating illness? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Sussex Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes and Hypermobility Disorders CIC (SEDS) is an award winning charitable social enterprise in Sussex that has approximately 10 volunteers. We advocate for awareness, actively supporting members who are chronically ill/disabled or who are carers, and we help save lives. Some of us have Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes (EDS) or symptomatic hypermobility ourselves. We are small, but very much in demand and we are growing across Sussex and beyond.
The main purpose of SEDS is:
- To offer support activities to improve physical and mental health for those suffering from EDS and hypermobility symptoms and their families/carers/friends.
- To raise awareness of EDS/HSD in Sussex.
- To advocate for us in the public and professional domains.
We require an Events Webinar Coordinator to organise and deliver a schedule of online webinars. You don’t need to have in depth knowledge about EDS and Hypermobility Disorders, but experience with hosting or coordinating online webinars is essential. Ideally editing skills and sharing on different platforms would be desirable.
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
- Overseeing the technical delivery and smooth operation of our Webinars.
- Remotely hosting and introducing online Webinars (times to be agreed).
- Communicating with speakers in advance of each Webinar (as well as the host) regarding on the day logistics, required support and presentation materials.
- Monitoring event uptake and demand.
- Keeping the online events listings up to date with descriptions and relevant information.
- Managing the online event booking / registration process.
- Coordinating event reminders and communications.
- Responding to website technical queries regarding event bookings/analysis.
- Supporting the SEDS Chair in strategic/ad-hoc/future events planning & organisation.
THIS IS AN ONGOING ROLE. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT FOR AT LEAST SIX MONTHS AND IDEALLY LONGER.
If you're interested, please get in touch for an informal chat by clicking the REGISTER YOUR INTEREST button and filling in your details.
You will need:
- Competence in Microsoft Office 365 and good editing software skills particularly with IOS
- Experience of webinar delivery
- Strong grasp of technology
- Proven organisational and event management skills
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Positive attitude with passion for SEDS and what we represent
- Good time management skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach.
- The opportunity to contribute to strengthening a community support group.
- The chance to connect with new people in the local area from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Experience to strengthen your CV if that is relevant to you (although we only provide references if you have volunteered with us for at least six months).
You will need to complete an NDA to fulfil this role.
When do I need to be available?
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- This role is adaptable for different abilities