Fab Fun with Nicky - Visitor Volunteer, Lancing
Royal Mencap Society
You will spend time with Nicky, visiting 6 times a year.
In this role you will be supporting Nicky who lives in Lancing. Nicky lives in a lovely home with a number of other house mates who also have learning disabilities.
Nicky is Absolutely Fabulous and loves glamour. Having her nails painted is a MUST - the colours pink and red are especially popular. She loves going out to do a bit of shopping, but also enjoys checking out the TV listing magazines and catching up on all her favourite soaps, especially Emmerdale. She is a big big fan of anything ABBA and the film Mama Mia. No karaoke without Nicky singing Dancing Queen.
She would like a fun loving and outgoing visitor like you to share some of her favourite activities with.
You will be introduced and get to know her with the support of Mencap staff.
As a Mencap Visiting Volunteer you will be:
- Aged 18 or over
- Friendly, patient and reliable
- Fun-loving and outgoing
- A fan of TV soaps and ABBA is an advantage but certainly not a must
- Make a difference for a person with a learning disability
- Training & induction to the volunteer role
- Agreed out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. travel)
- Mencap Extras – discounts from high street retailers
- Meet new people
- We'll value your contribution
- Ongoing support from our Volunteer Coordinator, who will join you for your first visit
When & where do I need to be available?
Visits are every 2 months and can be Tuesdays or Thursday in Lancing.
Visits will last around 1 - 1.5 hours.
Before applying please check your journey to make sure it's practical for you.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||When & where do I need to be available? Visits are every 2 months and can be Tuesdays or Thursday in Lancing Visits will last around 1 - 1.5 hours.|
Where does this role take place?