The feedback we collect from volunteers is very important to us in understanding and guiding us in how we can improve our service to both volunteers and local community organisations. We are now looking for a volunteer to join our friendly team and help us in collecting feedback information.
Community Works runs the Volunteer Centre for Brighton, Hove, Adur and Worthing. We help and advise people interested in volunteering their time to find local opportunities, and support voluntary and community organisations in finding volunteers.
Your role will be to collect feedback about people's volunteering experiences, either by email or telephone. Currently this opportunity is volunteering from home.
What will I be doing?
- Calling or emailing volunteers.
- Entering data.
- Feeding back to the team any concerns highlighted by the volunteer.
- Perhaps signposting or offering further help and guidance to the volunteer.
There will be opportunities to broaden the role beyond these core tasks if you are interested and available.
You don’t have to have done feedback work before. We provide induction, training and ongoing support. What we’re looking for is someone who:
- Will be comfortable volunteering from home.
Wants to make a difference in their local community, and is
interested in local community organisations and charities.
Enjoys being part of a team.
Keen to learn new things.
You will need to have:
You will need to have:
Respect for confidentiality and personal data.
The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
A helpful, friendly and confident telephone manner.
The ability to write succinct, clear and friendly emails; and record short notes on our database.
This role offers the opportunity to:
- Feel more connected to, and engaged in, your local community, helping make a difference to people's lives.
- Be part of a committed, lively and friendly team of volunteers and staff.
- If you are looking to get a job, volunteering with us will give you this opportunity to gain new skills and strengthen your CV.
- You will have the opportunity to join us at events and training sessions.
- Although you will be volunteering from home, you will be able to meet up with rest of the team at our online meetings.
- You will need a desktop/laptop and access to the internet - we pay expenses for this.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are looking for someone available to volunteer for a minimum of 4 hours a week on an ongoing basis. We try to be as flexible as we can to enable you to fit your volunteering into your life. And of course, we know that sometimes you will have other commitments and holidays, which means you can't make every week. That's fine - just give us as much notice as you can. It would be really helpful, if you can be a little more flexible in the first few weeks of the role, so we can involve other staff and volunteers in your induction.|
- Administration and Office
- Computers, IT and Websites
- General Helping
- Supporting Charities
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities