Film Production Volunteer
If you have experience putting together short, 3-4 minute, films that are both engaging and professional and would like to support a small local charity then this could be the role for you and we welcome interest from all members of the community to get in touch.
Sussex Nightstop provides emergency, short-stay accommodation for people at risk of homelessness and rough-sleeping in the homes of volunteer hosts. We connect people who need somewhere safe and welcoming to stay with members of our caring and diverse community who have a spare room to offer.
Our volunteer hosts are critical to our service and we need a short and engaging 'talking heads' film that we can use as part of our host recruitment activities. Hosting is a hugely rewarding role and our hosts can convey that better than we can. Hearing directly from them can make all the difference to people considering this role and with your skills we'd like to make that possible.
We are looking for a volunteer who:
- has clear knowledge and demonstrable experience of making similar, engaging online content and producing a finished product
- has experience of editing short talking heads sequences as well as integrating static images
- has the relevant software and IT equipment to complete the task
- is a confident communicator
- is well organised and able to coordinate and commit to this start-finish project
This role will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Be a meaningful part of your local community response to homelessness
- Listen to and gain some insight into services supporting people experiencing homelessness
- Add to your CV
This role will be carried out remotely from your home and will not involve face-to-face contact with the volunteers or staff involved with Nightstop, but the volunteer will be working with digital content supplied by them.
You will need your own laptop and the relevant software for the project as well as phone and internet connection.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are hoping to use this short-film as part of our current recruitment activities. We're hoping then that you can start volunteering early March and complete the task by mid April latest. How you use your time is then flexible although correspondence with staff and volunteers will need to be during the week Mon-Fri.|
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities