Front of House Volunteer (16 - 17 years old)
We have developed a
programme for those who are 16-17 years old who are looking for experience in a
gallery setting & arts organisation. This programme allows for all the
benefits of our standard volunteer programme but this is just aimed for younger
volunteers. Joining the Young Person’s Volunteer Programme means becoming a
Front of House Volunteer.
This role at Fabrica is centered on invigilating an exhibition in spring, summer or autumn when we are open to the public. The volunteers work with the Volunteer Coordinators and fellow volunteers to greet visitors into the gallery, maintain the Front of House tasks and communicate the ideas of the artwork to the public.
The front of house tasks includes: recording visitor data in the form of surveys and visitor numbers, letting visitors know about how to support Fabrica through donations and our Individual Giving, and encouraging visitors to join the Fabrica mailing. The shifts are social and they are public facing, interacting with fellow volunteers and staff as well as visitors.
There are a number of experiences gained and skills developed whilst volunteering at Fabrica which include:
- Good communication
- Public facing interaction
- Technical skills
- Working with diverse groups
- Gaining knowledge about contemporary art
- Behind the scenes knowledge of an art gallery and artists
- Team working
- Using the Artist Resource for your own research
- Meeting like-minded people
We need people happy with:
- Good communication
- Public facing interaction.
- Enjoyable, interesting and flexible work which can fit around your own schedule and interests.
- Opportunities for development and learning in a professional and personal capacity (for example, broadening your experiences/skills for a CV)
- Creative, social and welcoming environment to learn more about the arts and artists
Front of House volunteering at Fabrica will be onsite (40 Duke Street) when we are open to the public. There are many travel links (trains/buses) which are near to our building.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
40 Duke Street
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Supporting Charities
- Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
£5 travel reimbursement per day
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer