Volunteer Funding Research Assistant
Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East)
Can you write clearly and persuasively? Are you well organised? Can you do research online? Can you offer 6-8 hours a week ongoing? Then this role may be for you.
Provide support to the Business Development Manager in maintaining and developing awareness of CAWS in the local community and achieving the aims of raising funds to support our clients and improve policies and practices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To research, record funding opportunities from Trusts, Community Foundations and develop links with local organisations/corporates, Universities, local groups and churches.
- To highlight opportunities that match our charitable objectives and give us opportunities.
- To extend our service to clients (e.g. new projects locally or nationwide).
- To develop fundraising knowledge and opportunities over a county footprint of West Sussex and participate in fundraising opportunities whilst building on our positive reputation.
- To assist in the development, management of fundraising database and with data evidence finding for successful bid writing.
- To help bring creative ideas to how to present our funders with our bids in a competitive environment.
- To develop fundraising support (e.g. training manuals, fundraising packs and Materials ).
- To help update records and administrative duties as and when required.
Specific qualifications are not required to train for the role.
- Previous experience of successful bid writing and fundraising is desirable.
- Experience of writing for external audiences is essential.
- Need to have good IT skills and experience using Microsoft Office.
- To have high level of literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to research and organisational skills to meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills to maintain liaison with Managers, other staff members and volunteers across the organisation on the phone, via e mail and in digital meetings.
- Understanding of the Voluntary sector.
1. Fantastic experience to strengthen your CV if that interests you.
2. The chance to work with a friendly and enthusiastic team of staff and volunteers.
3. The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of people in your community - particularly those who are experiencing added worry and pressures due to COVID-19.
You will be volunteering from home, supported by the Business Development Manager over digital channels.
You will need your own IT equipment and access to Wi-Fi.
We provide digital training and
ask you to be pro-active when elements of these are self learning.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We ask you to volunteer for at least 6-8 hours a week - across one or two days.|
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities