Funding Bid Writer
Could you use your persuasive writing skills to help us win more grant funding for our revolutionary project tackling social isolation?
TotRockinBeats/Dad La Soul’ is a grassroots movement, that uses the arts, music, tech and play to tackle social isolation.
We’re a non-profit organisation that is building an ever-growing international support network for dads, stepdads, male careers, granddads and their kids.
We work with national social housing providers, leisure centre groups, and brands to produce kick-ass dad-friendly playdates that feature everything from DJ/filmmaking/circus skills/special FX make-up/science workshops, soft play, dress up, sensory play and crafting.
We want to create a place for dads to be the modern version that they want to be instead of setting them up for failure.These activities bring strangers together, challenges conventions, spark conversations and starts friendships in dads that perhaps can otherwise struggle in silence or isolation.
The COVID-19 lockdown means our work is more important than ever. We're now supporting people with tons of innovative online connections including dads' virtual playdates.
We are now looking for someone to help us write funding bids to grant-making organisations so we can support more people.
Your role will be to:
- Research and identify potential new funding opportunities.
- Work with our Directors to develop winning propositions.
- Liaising with Directors and volunteers to pull together the information we need for the bid.
- Liaise with partners where we are doing bids jointly with other organisations.
- Draft bid documents and grant applications.
If you think you might have the skills to help us, then please get in touch for an informal chat so we can see if we're well suited.
You don't need to have bid writing experience, although it would be wonderful if you did. We're looking for people who are:
- Well organised.
- Confident and motivated.
- Enjoy working independently and as part of a team.
- Excited by the work we do to tackle social isolation.
You must be able to:
- Write clearly, succinctly and persuasively.
- Do research via the internet into grant making organisations.
- Work with the rest of the team on developing winning propositions.
- Build positive relationships with other volunteers, staff and partners.
You might have a background in bid writing in the public, private or third sectors; or perhaps you've worked in marketing, sales or account management; or maybe you've got a copywriting background; or you may be looking to develop your career and want to gain more experience of this type of work.
- Know you are playing a part in tackling social isolation during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Get to be part of an innovative start-up , that is actively breaking rules and making a real difference.
- Get experience to add to your CV if that interests you.
During the lockdown, you will need to do this work from home and communicate with us via zoom, email, phone etc. So you will need a computer, phone and broadband access.
Dad La Soul is a project that focuses on the challenging social isolation in dads but we actively welcome applications from people from the widest possible range of backgrounds.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We don't believe that we should be chained to the desk, worrying about how to make the school run. We are very flexible timewise and will work with you to find a way of fitting your volunteering round your other commitments.|
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Families and Parenting
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer