Adur Community Gateway
Would you like to be part of a vibrant group of volunteers? Would you like to participate in alleviating hardship in the community? We are a group of neighbours helping neighbours looking for a volunteer to help with fundraising and grants bidding.
Adur Community Gateway strives to bring the community together to alleviate hardship. We coordinate support for neighbours who are suffering from food insecurity, fuel poverty, housing and health and well-being issues. No judgements, no criteria, no barriers, no shame. We are all givers and receivers empowering our community from grassroot levels.
The fundraising role:
- Manage and widen the network of donors in the community and beyond
- Research grants online relevant to our mission
- Write the grants application.
Experience in fundraising isn’t essential, we just like you to give it your best shot and be open to training when it is available. Local knowledge of business and services would be helpful.
- Enjoys connecting with people and able to convey our mission
- Organised and happy to work independently
- Good with IT and on the internet for research
- Good writing skills.
- You will be surrounded by supportive people
- You will participate in the well-being of the community
- You will learn and gain experience in fundraising
- You will enhance your CV.
We would like if you could commit for 6 months and give a minimum of a 7h / week. You will work from home mainly, so you need your own computer, internet connection and phone. We will also have meetings at the hub from time to time.
If you like the sound of this role, we'd love to hear from you! Please click the REGISTER YOUR INTEREST button and we will get in touch for an informal chat.
When do I need to be available?
- Community Food
- Fundraising and Finance
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities