Care for Veterans
Are you thrifty and creative with a ‘can do’ attitude? If so, we want you to join our go-getting team!
Care for Veterans is a Worthing based charity. Working in the gaps between healthcare and social services, we offer a range of appropriate solutions for people with physical disabilities and complex needs, many of whom have served this country.
COVID-19 has severely hit our income. We receive no regular Government funding and have had to cancel several fundraising events which we were relying on for income to fund what we do.
Our fundraising team is working really hard to make up lost ground and now needs a variety of high value prizes for our upcoming auctions, events and raffles.
Your role will be to:
- Research donor opportunities.
- Identify and approach potential supporters.
- Work collaboratively with the wider fundraising team.
- You don't need to have done this kind of work before.
- We are looking for people who are confident, reliable and creative.
- This role would suit someone outgoing, with a good understanding of sourcing fundraising opportunities.
- Make a big difference to a Worthing-based charity that does vital work for disabled people.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Have fun!
You will be doing the work from home initially, talking to staff and donors by phone, email and zoom, but there will be an opportunity to spend time in the Worthing office and get out and about once COVID-19 guidelines permit So you will need to have a computer, broadband and phone at home.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are very flexible about when you do your volunteering, so you can fit it around your other commitments|
Where does this role take place?
Worthing and WFH
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities