Fundraising & Events Volunteer
RISE UK - (Refuge, Information, Support and Education)
Support our fundraising team to organise events, promote fundraising activities and raise money to help over 2,500 women, children and LGBTQ+ people across East Sussex.
Not only will you gain vital fundraising, events, digital, admin and overall charity experience, you’ll also get an insight in to the day-to-day running of a fundraising team, learn more about the work RISE does and help raise money that could give even more people freedom from domestic abuse.
- Assisting the fundraising team to keep accurate records of fundraising and events activity, including financial income
- Managing data and information relating to fundraising events and activities.
- Assisting the fundraising team with financial processes, including keeping and maintaining accurate records for yearly Gift Aid claims
- Ad hoc research and contact of local organisations to request supplies, donations, promotions etc for RISE events
- Research into appropriate trusts, foundations.
- A passion for supporting the work that RISE undertakes
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages and general IT skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to understand and work with confidential data
- Good attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Ability to be flexible and work according to the needs of the team
- At all times you will be expected to protect the safety and security of services, service users, staff, volunteers and buildings, and the confidentiality of records and other information;
- Acknowledge and actively support the rights of women, children and LGBTQ+ people who have experienced domestic violence.
- An understanding and respect for diversity, equality and inclusion.
- Fundraising experience
- Admin experience
- Events experience.
- You will be working as part of a dynamic and supportive professional team where you will receive comprehensive induction and training to perform your role effectively.
- You will have an opportunity to develop your strengths and skills (communication, teamwork, time management, positive attitude, initiative), build confidence and feel valued.
- Experience of working in the third sector and active development to increase knowledge of third sector organisational structure and processes.
- Active progression such as regular supervisions, open discussion about any relevant and feasible development RISE can offer such as job shadowing or one-to-ones with desired areas of the organisation.
- Possible opportunities to develop autonomy over small project areas and/or own campaigns as well as input your ideas into current ones.
- You will gain transferable professional skills and work experience that provides you with additional sources for positive work references.
- Comprehensive induction and training to perform your role effectively.
- We will reimburse reasonable travel expenses.
- Where a volunteer works more than 5 hours in any one day a lunch allowance of up to £3.50 will be reimbursed.
When do I need to be available?
- Administration and Office
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Fundraising and Finance
- General Helping
- Local Events
- Supporting Charities
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
18+ This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer