Fundraising Group Treasurer
In this role, you will record income and expenditure of the group, bank funds regularly and keep the members up to date with fundraising income totals.
In this role your support will include:
- Maintain accurate records of all income and expenditure, as well as advising members during group meetings.
- Banking funds and ensuring others who bank funds do so promptly.
- Assigning correct banking codes to donations and issue receipts to donors where required.
- Monitoring levels of expenditure by the fundraising group.
- Responding to requests made by our finance department.
- Applying for soft credits and gift aid via our Community Fundraising Supporter Care Team.
- Keeping Group fiscal records for 6 years in accordance with HMRC guidelines and ensuring records are available to view.
- Maintaining records of where Guide Dogs’ collection boxes are placed.
Ideally you will:
- Have basic maths skills and ability to identify errors.
- Be confident in handling cash.
- Be able to carry money to undertake the banking of funds.
- Be able to use email and spreadsheets.
- The opportunity to share your experience in finance and accounting or build on these skills for your career.
- The satisfaction in knowing you are supporting people with sight loss to live actively, independently, and well.
- An opportunity to interact with others, including people within Guide Dogs and members of the public.
This role has 1 hour of
training and then you’ll be ready to go!
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The role is flexible|
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities