SEAS - Socially Engaged Art Salon
Whether you set up or organise a fundraising event, create a crowdfunding campaign, or set up a membership scheme, SEAS is looking for a committed and enthusiastic volunteer to help raise funds so we can keep our activities free of charge. If you have a fundraising idea you’d like to do, we’d love to hear it. Another way to help is with researching and helping write funding bids. Whether you’ve already got experience in this area or would like to develop your bid writing skills, please get in touch.
About SEAS: SEAS (Socially Engaged Art Salon) is a BIPOC & LGBTQ led organisation which promotes socially engaged art practices and artists from underrepresented communities through exhibitions and cultural events. SEAS’ work concentrates around issues of social and racial justice, migration & refugees, disability & mental health, and LGBTQ+ communities. Founded in 2016, SEAS has become a beacon for socially and politically engaged art in Brighton and south-East England.
What you can expect from us - we will:
- Each volunteer will be provided with a half day training if needed on the specific roll.
- provide support and answer any questions you may have.
- offer ways to progress as a volunteer and develop your skills and interests.
- stay in touch regularly and value you as part of our team.
- Pay expenses.
- Sign a clear Volunteers Agreement.
- The roll might lead to a paid job from mid 2021 pending funding.
- Excellent relationship building
- Great communicator (written and verbal)
- Passionate about socially engaged and political art
- Great networker
- Proactive and adaptable.
- Experience writing funding applications
- An understanding of the creative sector in the South East area.
Volunteers are at the core of our organisation, and we couldn’t do our work without you.
We really value the time and commitment you give us and we also hope that you find volunteering fun and a rewarding experience too.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Time commitment: 2 days a month Duration: 1 year|
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities