Prep, tend and maintain the modest borders of Byron Road and the garden of our Manor Road project. Helping to create a smart and welcoming appearance for the Projects.
- To carry out some initial prep work to the borders and small green space at our Short Term Assessment Hostel.
- To purchase plants with Project funds in agreement with Service Manager.
- To plant and maintain the gardens throughout the seasons.
It is Turning Tides’ hope and expectation that volunteers will:
- be inclusive and welcoming.
- communicate with staff on duty.
- be flexible to the needs of the staff member on duty.
- abide by the Confidentiality, Professional Boundaries and Health and Safety Policies at all times.
Some gardening experience
Requirements: Please note this role will require two character references.
Professional boundary and confidentiality training will be covered during the induction meeting.
Gaining experience with a homeless charity
Working with a team
Gaining experience in gardening
Limited parking. Near a bus route.
Flexible – 1 session approximately 2 hours per fortnight from Spring through to Autumn.
Opportunity is flexible but team will need to be aware of volunteer hours, prior to volunteering commencing.
Equipment will be provided, however, the volunteer must ensure they are dressed appropriately.
Occasionally residents from our Project may wish to assist with the gardening duties.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Initial prep and planting work will need to be carried out. Following this, the hours and times can be flexible. Approximately 2 to 3 hours per fortnight. The project team will need to know agreed hours prior to volunteer attendance, however these can be flexible from morning, afternoon or evening. Role likely to be required between Spring and Autumn.|
Where does this role take place?
5 Byron Road
2 Manor Road
- Homeless and Housing
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer
Byron Road is staffed 24 hours a day, so there will always be staff on duty to assist volunteers if necessary, however staff will not be able to assist with gardening duties. Manor Road is staffed during normal working hours. So it is possible that there may not always be a member of staff on site to assist the volunteer. However, staff at Byron Road will be on call, should the volunteer need urgent assistance. This Volunteer Role will be an independent role, but could be completed with a partner or friend. This is fine so long as they also register as a volunteer with Turning Tides.