Sight Support Worthing
We are looking for a volunteer who would enjoy looking after the small garden area at our centre in Rowlands Road, Worthing. The garden has been well maintained and just needs occasional weeding, trimming and some new flowers and hanging baskets done.
There is a shed on site with tools.
Sight Support has been supporting the sight impaired community in Worthing for over a hundred years. We run clubs and activities; we connect people with common interests; help people get access to special equipment; and we provide transport to help people get about.
You don't need to be Monty Don! Just keen with a few basic gardening skills and willing to get stuck in.
- This is a lovely opportunity to look after a small garden area - especially if you don't have one of your own.
- We are a friendly bunch!
- You will be making a difference to a valued local charity.
We are located in Rowlands Road in Worthing which is easily accessible by bus.
We have a shed with some tools so you don't need to bring any tools with you. Just come dressed for the weather! We will pay for bedding plants, bulbs, seeds.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This is a very flexible role starting in March/April. You can come and go when it suits you.|
Where does this role take place?
48 Rowlands Road
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities