Are you looking for a varied role? Do you enjoy helping out? Would you like to make a difference to the lives of disabled people in our local area? If so, then this role could be for you.
Freedom Powerchairs designs, maintains, repairs, services and hires out mobility aids for people with mobility problems. The service is provided entirely by volunteers.
We have just moved to a new workshop on the Dominion Way and this is enabling us to expand our services.
We are looking for more volunteers to help out with a range of jobs. If you are interested in doing any of these things (or even all of them!), then we would love to hear from you.
- Helping out in the workshop.
- General servicing and maintenance of wheelchairs.
- Tidying and cataloging spares and equipment.
- Helping out with the Worthing Shopmobility stand in Worthing Town Centre
- And other tasks that pop up from time to time!
No experience is needed and we welcome people from all ages and backgrounds. Just tell us what you feel able to contribute and we will find a role for you!
- Get out and meet new people.
- Get experience and training to help you with a job search if that's of interest to you.
- Make a difference to the lives of disabled people in our local area.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are very flexible. Just get in touch and tell us what you can offer.|
Where does this role take place?
- Administration and Office
- Business Skills
- Computers, IT and Websites
- General Helping
- Local Events
- Practical Skills
- Sorting and organising items
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities