General helpers to support activities
The Conservation Volunteers
Keen to help your community recover from the impact of COVID-19? Interested in any of these - gardening, conservation, wildlife, sports, family activities? Enjoy being outdoors? Live in, or near, Adur & Worthing? Then we can find a volunteer role for you.
The Growing Communities project, led by The Conservation Volunteers, is supporting and encouraging local residents in Eastbrook (Adur) and Northbrook (Worthing) to improve their health and wellbeing by getting involved in outdoor activities such as planting trees, Green Gyms, community orchards, fitness, recreation and growing food on under-used or redundant patches of land.
Sadly all our activities have been suspended since March due to the COVID-19 lockdown. However, with the gradual relaxation of the lockdown - particularly for outdoor activities - we are planning to get going again as soon as we can because the need to support people's health and wellbeing is greater than ever.
We need lots of volunteers to help us do this. You don't need any experience - we offer free training and lots of support. And we'll talk to you about what you're interested in and find a role that suits you. All we ask is for a minimum commitment of two hours a week - which can be on different days. We are very flexible!
You don't need any experience. We will give you all the training you need.
Of course, we are also concerned with keeping everyone involved in our project safe and well. So please only come forward to volunteer for us if:
· you’re well
· nobody in your household has coronavirus symptoms
· you’re under 70
· you’re not pregnant
· you do not have any long-term health conditions that make you vulnerable to coronavirus
- The chance to make a difference to your local community - helping with the recovery from the devastating impact COVID-19 had had on people's health and wellbeing.
- The chance to meet new people and have fun!
- Experience and training which could help you get a job if that's relevant to you.
We provide all the equipment you need. You just need to come dressed appropriately for the outdoors!
You should live in Adur & Worthing or very nearby and be able to get to our projects.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We ask for a minimum commitment of two hours a week - this can be on different days. There are lots of activities on different days and different times. We can be flexible to enable you to fit this role around your other commitments. Please get in touch and we can chat about days and times that work for you.|
Where does this role take place?
Adur & Worthing
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Community Food
- Fitness and Sport
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- No specific interest
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Wildlife and Animals
- Cooking and Catering
- First Aid
- General Helping
- Litter Picking
- Sports Volunteering
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
If travel costs would be a barrier to your volunteering, please talk to us.
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities