Gig Buddy Volunteer
Stay Up Late (and Gig Buddies)
This is a really exciting volunteer role! Do you like going to gigs and events and want to support someone who might not get the opportunity to do this themselves?
Support someone in your local area (Brighton & Hove, East or West Sussex) with a learning disability and/or autism to attend live music or cultural events once a month, for at least a year. You will be matched to one person based on a shared interest.
- A good listener
- You will need to be able to follow our volunteer code of conduct & ethos of being inclusive
- Proactive and reliable
- Passionate about live music, or cultural activities and the arts & empowering people with learning disabilities to make choices.
Benefits to volunteering:
- You could make a difference to someone's life
- You could make new friends and widen your own social network
- You get to go to gigs (or whoever floats your boat!)
- Be part of a friendly team
Our office is in the basement of Dorset Gardens Methodist church just off of St James Street but you will be volunteering out in the community at other venues that you and your gig buddy choose.
Please only apply if you are able to commit to going to a gig at least once a month for a year (a gig could be just that - a music event or seeing a band, it could be clubbing, or for some of our buddy pairs it is also going for a coffee, meeting for a meal or trying something new!).
You will need to be 18 years or above to volunteer with us.
One day's training in communication, safeguarding, boundaries and practical information.
We pay travel and any expenses outlined in our guidance notes
Supervision and support from staff is ongoing.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Usually evenings but you can choose when you volunteer.|
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Health and Social Care
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender
- Mental Health
- Older People
- Young People
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Our office is wheelchair accessible and we can offer guidance in accessible venues.
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
We pay travel and any expenses outlined in our guidance notes.
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer
Supervision from staff ongoing.
One days training in communication, safeguarding, boundaries and practical information.