Good News Shed volunteers
Good News Brighton
The Good News Shed is a project for people of all ages.
Basically, it’s a larger version of the typical shed you might find in the garden. But it’s so much more, too!
It is a place of skill-sharing and informal learning, of individual pursuits and community projects. Members work together on projects of their own choosing, at their own pace and in a safe, friendly and inclusive environment. It is a place of leisure where people come together to connect and work.
- We are looking for volunteers who have a skill in woodwork and DIY activities - working on specific projecs with members, and assisting in the smooth running of the project.
- The volunteer would work alongside the Shed members, supporting their projects, using hand tools and power tools. Thereby requiring a level of woodwork confidence and good people skills.
- The volunteer should enjoy being part of a community, able to develop good relationships with the members.
- The volunteer should be able to work alongside others who may have some degree of physical or mental health difficulty.
- The volunteer will work closely with the project manager.
- The ability to share your woodwork skills with others, and encourage the members to grow in their own skills.
- Being part of a fun and productive community.
- Being part of a community which is involved in projects which benefit the local residents.
There is on site parking.
The Hillview Good News Centre is a short walk from Lewes Road, which is a popular bus route.
Good News Shed is open every Tuesday and Friday, 10am-4pm. We are looking for volunteers who could commit one or two days a week.
The volunteer may like to arrive a bit earlier, and leave a bit later, so as to assist in setting up and closing down.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
Hillview Good News Centre
- No specific interest
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Anyone who has woodwork skills and is confident working with hand and power tools
Support on Offer
Project manager on site to offer support to volunteers and members
This role is adaptable for different abilities
Requires woodwork skills
Training on health and safety policy