Grassroots Suicide Prevention
We have an exciting opportunity to support the organisation on best practice in charity governance and related matters to help us increase our impact in Suicide Prevention.
We are seeking a volunteer to:
- Undertake a governance audit
- Provide advice and support on governance matters
- Create (where necessary), review, and amend the documentation required in running the day-to-day business of Grassroots including:
- the formal policies (such as Safeguarding, Data Protection, Conflicts of Interest and Confidential Reporting (Whistleblowing)) and governance matters
- Service level agreements with external partners
- provide input to new and existing legal agreements.
We expect the person who can perform some or all of the above tasks to have:
- experience in drafting governance documents, ideally in the charity sector;
- attention to detail as a core strength;
- the ability to work on their own whilst being a team player;
- good communication skills; and
- a passion for the voluntary sector.
Grassroots is a developing charity and the post holder should be aware that the role description may evolve to meet the future needs of the Charity.
• All volunteers receive a comprehensive induction to Grassroots Suicide Prevention and relevant policies to their role
• Suicide prevention and mental health first aid training
• Reasonable travel/mileage and lunch/refreshments expenses in line with our volunteer expenses policy.
This is a remote volunteer role.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||One day per month/flexible|
- Mental Health
- Advice and Information
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities