Fundraising - grant applications writer
Worthing Soup Kitchen
Could you help us write applications to obtain grant funding for this small, local charity which provides a vital service to local homeless people?
Worthing Soup Kitichen is a small charity which provides an outreach service to homeless and other vulnerable people. Our work includes:
- Providing food parcels and basic household items on Thursday nights to 30-40 homeless people and families per week.
- Running a pop up Food Bank on Saturdays from the Lovett Hub in Durrington.
- Running a take away service at Saint Clare's Day Centre on Sunday mornings to provide a cooked breakfast and allow our clients to access services (showers and clean clothes).
- Looking to restart our sit down homeless evening meal service once a week when Covid restrictions are eased.
- Looking for premises to run an Emmaus-style project which will enable better engagement with clients and volunteers.
We received an acknowledgement from the High Sheriff of Sussex on behalf of the Queen for our work during Covid-19 when we provided food every day to those who were placed in temporary accommodation without cooking facilities.We work closely with the Worthing and Adur Outreach Team and Turning Tides.
We now need help to raise more funds to continue and expand our work.
- Help develop proposal ideas.
- Research online which grant makers might be keen to support such proposals.
- Read the funders' requirements.
- Write the grant applications, ensuring the funder's requirements are met and that the proposal is presented in a compelling way.
You don't need to have experience of this kind of work, although it would be wonderful if you did. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to build up their CV.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Able to write clearly and persuasively.
- Well organised.
- Able to do research via the internet.
- Happy to work independently from home and interact with other volunteers from time to time - in person, by phone, email or zoom.
You should be able to volunteer for at least three months.
1. To gain valuable experience which can enhance your CV if that interests you.
2. The chance to grow and develop with the charity as it grows.
3. The opportunity to contribute to improving the lives of local, homeless people.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This is a very flexible role which you can do from home and fit around your other commitments.|
- Fundraising and Finance
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities