Grassroots Campaigner in Brighton
RESULTS grassroots campaigners take action locally to fight global poverty - using their voices to change the world. They receive training and support to become skilled advocates, from influencing MPs to policy makers, and engaging others within their community.
RESULTS campaigners in Brighton meet as a group on the first Tuesday of each month to plan and take campaign actions and organise events. They regularly join our national conference calls, learning more about international development and sharing their successes from around the UK.
RESULTS campaigners have the opportunity to:
- Join the RESULTS Brighton action group and meet like-minded individuals campaigning to bring an end to poverty.
- Support our campaigns on global health, education and economic opportunities.
- Take action with us, from publishing articles in the media to meeting with your constituency MP.
- Hear from experts on international development each month on our RESULTS conference calls.
- Put your points directly to influential decision-makers at RESULTS Advocacy Days.
- Organise events within the local community, be an ambassador for RESULTS in your area and help us to grow our network.
- Develop your campaigning and advocacy skills at conferences and training sessions.
RESULTS grassroots campaigners are people from all walks of life who want to make a difference. All backgrounds and levels of campaigns experience are welcome. Campaigning with RESULTS plays to your strengths, whether you are interested in helping out at events or you're a social media whizz, there are lots of different ways to get involved and build your skills.
Benefits to the volunteer:
- Develop your campaigning and advocacy skills.
- Meet like-minded people with a passion for ending global poverty.
- Learn more about international development from different experts each month.
RESULTS Brighton action group meet online and all campaigning is done remotely at the moment. All backgrounds and levels of campaigns experience are welcome. We embrace all skill-sets, knowledge-levels and availability.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We have a conference call on the first Tuesday of the month and the Brighton group tend to meet the following week for a meeting. However, our conference calls are recorded and you are not obliged to attend every meeting. This role is very flexible and you can fit in your campaigning with your schedule. Volunteers usually spend 2-5 hours a month working on RESULTS campaigns.|
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Reasonable travel expenses reimbursed for travel to events such as RESULTS advocacy days or the RESULTS National Conference
- Health and Safety
You will receive information from RESULTS UK and also from your local group. There is ongoing support and training available.
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities
Campaigning and advocacy training skills provided. Campaigners also learn more about new international development topics each month on national conference calls.